WRITE AN OUTSTANDING BOOK PROPOSAL
An online workshop for scholarly authors from
May 24, 2023
10am Pacific / 1pm Eastern
What's covered in this workshop?
This 90-minute workshop will:
- Walk participants through the acquisitions process for scholarly books -- that is, how publishers decide whether to put a book under contract
- Break down the key components of the scholarly book proposal (and why they're there)
- Highlight common mistakes that prospective authors make in their book proposals
- Offer concrete tips to make your book proposal stand out
- Provide ample time for participant Q&A
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is intended for anyone who is planning to submit a book proposal to a university press or other academic publisher. You can be a first-time author or a repeat author who is looking to take more control of the process this time around.
When will the workshop take place?
The workshop will be held live via Zoom on Wednesday, May 24th, at 10am PDT. Registrants will be provided with a recording and supplementary handouts. You can register even if you don't plan to attend live. You will then get lifetime access to the recording and materials.
Hi, I'm Laura Portwood-Stacer.
I'm a publishing consultant, developmental editor, and the author of The Book Proposal Book: A Guide for Scholarly Authors (Princeton University Press, 2021). Through my Book Proposal Accelerator and other programs, I've helped hundreds of academics craft book proposals and connect successfully with editors at university presses and other publishers. You can find out more about me and what I do at ManuscriptWorks.com.